Wednesday 14 April 2010

I'm Sor...I'm not sorry Arsenal, Not good enough.



I'm not going to rage or get angry about how bad we were, I don't think we are worth my effort at the moment. I can say our attitude really does stink. However much I dislike Sp*rs, I will let it be known that they fully deserved to end that long run tonight and that they outplayed us. Well done, Sp*rs.

Their goalkeeper more than matched whatever we could roll into him despite Robin's best efforts. Their defence was like a brick wall around them white lines and I said numerous times through out the match "We won't score in that area of the pitch". It doesn't end there, Sp*rs' attack was not matched by great defending which at times looked like it was being performed on a school yard.

Sp*rs started the game like a cup-final, their crowd was like a sea of sound and support, their players we're like the last bastion of Tottenham Hotspur FC. When I watched Sp*rs, I seen a team who is wanting so much to achieve their goals of a Champions League spot. When I watched Arsenal, I seen a team who didn't seem fussed about the outcome of the game. This was also the material I was faced with at Camp Nou. Not excusable, not at all.

Tottenham closed us down in threes, Defoe was more than willing to come back into midfield when not in possession to contribute anything to the cause, Pavlyuchenko was willing to burn some energy on closing down Almunia and increasing pressure on the iffy man between the sticks. I didn't witness any of this commitment and drive from Arsenal until it was too late.

Don't get me wrong and label me anti-Arsenal because that is not the case by any means. I'm just gutted tonight and I have explained a few reasons why, which are 80% logical and 20% emotion. 

Robin Van Persie appeared and reminded us of what we have being missing, it spawns a huge what-if. But I'm tired of what-ifs. Our title hopes have took a huge blow tonight, and it's too unlikely for me to say yes too now, but what I will say is that I will follow this team until the very end regardless of the out-come and if we pull it off, it would be electric. If Tottenham now want to get the Champions League spot, they must pave the way for a possible Arsenal come back, wouldn't that be sweet?

All I know is that next season, we are for sure, in with one hell of a shout.

Till next time gooners.